Our practice season runs from when the water breaks (late May to early June) until early September during which four dragon boats are available to book for practices on an hourly basis. Dragon boating requires 12 – 23 paddlers in the boat depending on skill and weather conditions. Practices are located at Rafters Landing (9734-98 Avenue), next to the Edmonton Queen Riverboat. We provide the dragon boat, paddles and life jackets. No previous skill is required and anyone can participate. Those new to our sport, please check out our FAQ page.
Practice Team Groups
- Novice – more than 8 paddlers new to dragon boating
- Intermediate – less than 8 paddlers new to dragon boating
- Competitive – all paddlers with more than 5 years dragon boating experience
Practice Session fees
Practice Registration Payment Options
- Cheque – You can pay with a cheque made payable to the “Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival Association”. Please specify your team name in the memo field, and bring the cheque to your first practice or mail it to:
Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival Association
P.O. Box 37, Main Post Office
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2G9
- In-Person – You can pay by cash or cheque at our trailer located at Rafters Landing at 9734-98 Avenue, next to the Edmonton Queen Riverboat. This location is also the practice site location until the week prior to the festival when the practice site moves to Louise McKinney Park on the other side of the river.