August 19 – 21, 2016
The Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival is held every third weekend in August at the beautiful Louise McKinney Riverfront Park. The park is adjacent to downtown Edmonton, immediately south of the Shaw Conference Centre, located along Grierson Hill Road NW. Admission is free and everyone is welcome to attend!
Festival Team Divisions
- Mixed – requires a minimum of 8 female and 8 male paddlers
- Womens – paddlers are all female with steersperson and drummer of either gender
- Novice Challenge – 250 meter course for teams with a minimum of 8 first year paddlers
- Pink Ribbon Challenge – 500 meter course for teams where all paddlers are breast cancer survivors
- Visually impaired Challenge – 500 meter course for teams where half of the paddlers in the boat at the time of the race are listed with a visual impairment
- Grassroots – 250 meter course for mixed teams that do not have more than 2 experienced paddlers
2016 Festival Team Registration Fees
- $900 by July 5, 2016
- $1100 after July 5, 2016
- $1000 Grassroots registration
- Optional half tent fee: $250
Registration form and full payment deadline is July 25, 2016. All refunds are subject to a 20% administration fee. No refunds will be granted after July 25, 2016.
Festival Team Payment Options
- Cheque – You can pay with a cheque made payable to the “Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival Association”. Please specify your crew name in the memo field, and bring the cheque to your first practice or mail it to:
Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival Association
P.O. Box 37, Main Post Office
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 2G92
- In-Person – You can pay by cash or cheque at our trailer at Rafters Landing (9734-98 Avenue), next to the Edmonton Queen Riverboat . This location is also the practice site location until the week before the festival when the practice site moves to Louise McKinney Park on the other side of the river.
How Can You Participate in the Dragon Boat Festival?
Register as a Paddler
If you are an individual paddler, steersperson or drummer and wanting to join a team, please register below. This registration form is for new and/or experienced individuals. Registration will be available April 30, 2016. If you have been invited by a team manager to join a particular dragon boat team, please register with our online form. Registration will be available April 30, 2016. Paddler Registration Form
Register Your Team for the Festival
Team managers, please register your dragon boat team on the online form: Team Registration Form or Grassroots Team Registration Form for new teams with no more than two experienced paddlers, who will receive a coach, a steersperson, one practice prior to Festival, and Festival registration.
Register for Practice Sessions
Register your team for practice times on the river: Register for Practice Sessions
Sign-up to be a Member of the EDBFA
If you are interested in becoming a member of the festival association which includes voting rights, a monthly newsletter and attendance at our Annual General Meeting, please sign-up with our online registration form: Become a Member of EDBFA
Sign Up as a Festival Volunteer
If you would like to volunteer at the festival, practices, or in any other way, read our volunteer page for more information. Volunteer Registration
Sign Up as a Vendor
If you would like to provide vending at the festival sign up on our online registration form: Vendor Registration Form
Sponsor the Festival
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities for the Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival, please email the email@example.com.